Family Group Sheet
For
Von Pelden G. Diederich CLUYTE and Von Clargen FELDTBERG



picture
Von Pelden G. Diederich CLUYTE and Von Clargen FELDTBERG




Husband Von Pelden G. Diederich CLUYTE 6

           Born:  - Bef 1435 6
       Baptized: 
           Died: 
         Buried: 


         Father: Von Pelden G. Friedrich CLOUDT (      -      ) 6
         Mother: Van Catarina WIJLACK (      -      ) 6


       Marriage: 




Wife Von Clargen FELDTBERG 6,42

           Born: 
       Baptized: 
           Died: 
         Buried: 


         Father: Von Johan FELDTBERG (      -      ) 6
         Mother: Neese (      -      ) 6





Children
1 M Von Pelden G. Friedrich CLUYTE 6

           Born:  - Bef 1460 6
       Baptized: 
           Died: 
         Buried: 



2 M Von Pelden G. Vincent CLUYTE 6,206

           Born:  - Bef 1460 6
       Baptized: 
           Died: 
         Buried: 



3 M Von Pelden G. Johan CLUYTE 6

           Born:  - Bef 1460 6
       Baptized: 
           Died: 
         Buried: 
         Spouse: Van Gertruid WURM-\GUTTERSWICK (      -      ) 6
           Marr: 1475




General Notes (Husband)

Diederich von Pelden named Cluyte is mentioned in 1450 as a lay assessor at Moers, and he sealed with the crowned helmet on the coat of arms of the family, as per the Moers Archives. He married Clargen von Feldtberg, daughter of Johan von Feldtberg and his wife, Neese. They are mentioned in several documents. See Enclosures No. 26, 27, 28, 29. In a document of 1458, said Neese von Feldtberg transferred some estates to her eldest son, Johan, and renounced her usufruct. The other children are mentioned: Dederich, Luydema, and Clara; and a certain Grete Cluyte as being the housewife of Dederichs Weitgens von Feldtberg. regarding said Grete Cluyte, information is not to be found in the archives, either regarding her dowry or any other information. Therefore, one can't say whether she was a sister of Diederich and Johan, or belonged to the third generation, or to a side line. The coat of arms of the von Feldtberg family is an escutcheon divided fess; the top part being golden, the bottom part being green. In the top part, is half of a projecting squirrel; in the bottom part, five golden mountains, three and two; on the helmet, a sitting squirrel. The covering of the helmet is golden and red. There is a strange document figured on the inventory of 1612. By the authority of seven of the principal Roman Popes on St. Urbans night in 1492, Prior Johan of the Carmelite Convent of Moers absolves said Dieterich, Clara, and their children of one third of their sins. Where remain the poor ancestors, however? With the other two thirds of their sins? What a confusion of human mind. It is a pity that this document has been taken from the archives. From this marriage of Diederich and Clargen voin Feldtberg descended three sons: Friedrich, Vincent, and Johan. 6,178


General Notes for Child Von Pelden G. Friedrich CLUYTE

Friedrich took holy orders. For entering the clerical vocation, his parents gave him a tithe at Emmerich, annually 50 Guld.* All of that yielding an annual benefit, as per a document of 1504, which is mentioned in the inventory of all documents of 1612. However, it is no longer in the archives. In 1504 Archbishop Herman of Cologne conferred on him the rank of a subdeacon, "Ordinem Subdiaconatus", in the chapel attached to the castle of Brail. See Enclosure No. 28. He gave himself up to pastoral work and was a pastor at Asperden, according to a letter of 1543. See Enclosure No. 29 whereby the Abbess von S'gravendeel named Neu Kloster, Mrs. Sophia von Wachtendonck, promised him a life rent of 16 Goldgulden every year for his resigning this clerical office, the collection of which was due to said convent. The two other brothers, Vincent and Johan, are mentioned in a letter of 1519, whereby they put out as a life rent, the clay ground at Eversael, also called Kuttums Estate. There is no information as to whether Vincent had left heirs or was married. 6,206


General Notes for Child Von Pelden G. Johan CLUYTE

However, his brother, Johan von pelden named Cluyte, is mentioned, in 1540 and 1542, as administrator of the rolls of fiefs as per the Moers Archives. he was married to Gertruid van Wurm-Gutterswijck, daughter of Heinrichs von Wurm-Gutterswijck and Johanna von Moers named Cracau, according to a marriage settlement of 1475 between them. The marriage contract between Johan and Gertruid, however, no longer exists, but the proof that they were husband and wife can be taken from several documents. Among other documents, there is a deed of assignment of 1536 (See Enclosure 30.) whereby Henrich, Robert, Frantz, and Friedrich, brothers of Wurm-Gutterswijck, transferred to their brother-in-law and to their sister, Johan van Pelden named Cluyth and Gertruid van Wurm-Gutterswijck, husband and wife, the wineyard, because of being in arrears with the paying of the dowry. Moreover, it is proved further below by the marriage contracts of their two daughters, Johanna and Anna. Gutterswijck is a wealthy Cleve's family who, however, has died out. They owned the manor of Wurm-Gutterswick which, because of the partition of 1537 between Henrich, Robert, and Frantz van Gutterswijck, and also sealed by their brother-in-law, Johan van Pelden named Kluydt, came to Heinrich. Those brothers had a sister named Anna, who was married to Otto van Hulhoven. She is also mentioned in the partition deed of 1558 when all brothers and sisters of Gutterswick shared the inheritance of their two brothers, Robert and Frantz, who had died without leaving heirs.

The Gutterswick family bears in its coat of arms a fleeing deer in a silver field. On the crowned helmet there are two arms in red, bent against each other, with hands. In the bending, the clothing is open. The coverings of the helmet are in red and silver.

Johan* is buried in the churchyard in front of the town of Moers. Formerly, the parish church was there. In old times Moers had extended up there. Because of the Spanish invasion in 1580, this church had been devastated and made unserviceable. The collation of this church is at the Provost of St. Severin in Cologne where all deeds and documents of this church were kept. In 1552 the Provost Henrich von der Recke had taken these church documents with him to his Manor House Kemmade where they were destroyed when that castle burned. The choir area of this church is still visibly elevated; and on it, not far from the family vault of the Counts of Moers, is the burial vault of the von Cloudt family. There, in the family vault of the Count of Moers, is buried Count Herman von Neuenaer and Moers, who died in 1575, by the side of his wife, Magdalena von Nassau. They left no children and, therefore, his sister Walburgis succeeded him. On the tombstone of Johan are the coats of arms of the Cloudt and Gotterswick families with four quarters chiseled out. Feldtberg-Wylack are on the right-hand side. At the top left-hand side, part of the stone has broken off. On the bottom is the coat of arms of Wijenhorst. Probably his wife Gertruid has also been buried here.

*Johan van Pelden anmed Kluydt.

The certificate of the main court of Moers of 1682, regarding the state of this tombstone, gives further particulars. See Enclosure No. 31.

*In the year 1599, on August 21, lightning struck the sea or town tower at Moers. A great part of the town caught fire, and the archives kept in this tower were burned. Besides several wounded persons, eleven men were dead. Again on June 26, 1605, a conflagration broke out in Moers laying the town and the church in ashes within three hours. The dome of the church collapsed, and that which was not made of stone was consumed by fire. There upon, the diving service was officiated in a house until the conventual church had been reconstructed in 1610. For that reconstruction, the materials of the old main and parish church were used. It had stood in front of the town and had been devastated by the Spaniards in 1580; and, on this occasion, was broken down to the ground. In the choir of this new church, there was, in the middle window, the coat of arms of the Prince of Orange. In the window on the right-hand, the coat of arms of the von Cloudt family. In the window on the left-hand, that of his wife von Eyll. All these three coats of arms were excellent and beautiful encaustic glass paintings. Each coat of arms took up nearly one whole window. When Moers had been ceded to France, the Cloud coat of arms was unexpectedly taken away. Afterwards the pretext was made that a strong gale of wind had smashed it. The true meaning of this matter is that evil minded persons thoought thereby to humble the von Cloudt family, who always, in old as well as in recent times, have conferred benefit to town and to country at every opportunity. Probably they did not know that the coat of arms of the Eyll family was the coat of arms of von Cloudt's greatgrandmother. Otherwise, quite as well, it would not have escaped from being destroyed.**

*As directed by the author, here now is an insertion from page No. 48.
**This was the end of the passage inserted here from p. 48. Now back to page 40. 6,207


Home | Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List

This Web Site was Created 4 Jan 2006 with Legacy 5.0 from Millennia